My Olympic Story

I’m beginning for a race, and it makes me imagine when this started and how it did start. When I was younger,11 years old. I was always good at hurdles. Until that’s when I grew up and went for tryouts for hurdles.

Thats when I got a sprained ankle and I wasn’t good enough at hurdles. I went on a plane to Australia, my home. That’s when I got the feeling my plane was going down. I felt sick in the tummy and awful everywhere else. I took my seatbelt off and went to the driver of my plane. I tried to steer and pull up but my strength wasn’t good enough. I was going to crash land ” please help me” I screamed in my head.

I held on tight and hoped I would make it thru this rough moment. Suddenly I heard a ” THUMP” we crashed on an island. I got out, water surrounded me everywhere. I remembered that I was going home and didn’t know what to do. I had to survive, I had bruises on my knee, arm and foot, I had cuts on my thigh. So I tried to run across water, I sank to the bottom of the ocean. I swam back to the island.

I looked in front of me, Rio de Janeiro was there. I  tried another plan to jump across water all the way to Rio de Janeiro, instead sank to the bottom of the ocean. Swam back to the island. That’s when I remembered I’m a great swimmer, I swam all the way back to Rio de Janeiro by freestyle strokes. I saw a pod of dolphins and every other sea animal.

I finally made it and went to try outs for swimming. I made it in which was unbelievable. And that’s how I ended up in a swimming race. And I won by freestyle strokes. I broke the world record by 36 seconds in 200 metre back and forth race. That’s when I got up on a gold podium and wondered why did I do hurdle tryouts instead of this. That is when I became a legend. The crowd was smiling, amazed, clapping and cheering also screaming “Skye Taylor.”

that is how my Olympic story goes and how it happened. I took the plane home and waited for four years to go to the Olympic Games. I was all over the news, all over the world, in magazines, newspapers, Internet and in posters.